12 Mar 2012
Just in time for Selection Sunday, the NCAA and Turner Sports has unveiled their March Madness 2012 goodies for handsets, slates and PCs that brings every game of the Division I men’s basketball tournament in HD straight to you. Unlike last year’s version, you are going to have to shell out a one-time fee of $3.99 to keep abreast of how your bracket is faring. For the $3.99 you get an all-access ticket to watch every game during the tournament plus you’ll be able to customize channels, get alerts for upsets, overtimes and crunch time (close games) for your favorite teams and check out how badly you’re losing in your office bracket.
Full disclosure on the customize channel option. If you want to stream the 41 games broadcast on cable networks then you’ll need to subscribe to an affiliated TV provider which basically equates to all the big boys except Time Warner and then log into the TNT, TBS, or TruTV website on your Windows PC or Mac. For the 41 others games on CBS, your best option is CBSSports.com as its free. The action-packed March Madness Live app is available now to folks on iOS, with the Android version on “selected” devices by the time the tourney is underway with the schedule below.
- Selection Sunday is on March 11th
- National Bracket Day is March 12th(Go out there and celebrate your bracket busting forefathers)
- First round games first begin streaming on March 13th/14th
- Second and Third rounds of the tournament run the rest of the week through March 18th
- Sweet Sixteen games run the week of March 22nd/23rd
- Elite Eight matches will be played on the 24th/25th
- Final Four and National Championships will be on March 31st and April 2nd, respectively
Let the Madness begin!